I am going to try harder to be more active with this blog and figure exactly what I want it to become.
I had been planning on doing a series of milk shots and very much wanted to use antique milk bottles for the shoot. After driving to some of our nearest towns, I came up empty handed. Someone did loan me one of their's, but what I really wanted was some smaller ones too. However, I could not find them anywheres near me. I seen some on Ebay, but I am not a patient woman once I get an ideal in my head. So I set out to make my own. I noticed that the Starbuck's Frappuccino bottles could possibly work for what I needed. Off to the store I went to purchase a four pack of these tasty little pick me ups, some paint, and Goo Gone to remove the sticky glue left after the label is removed.
I wanted to add a label to my bottles, so using masking tape and paper I covered up all of the bottle except where I wanted the label to be. Next I took the bottles outdoors and sprayed the area that is visible. I put two coats on mine. I ended up using Krylon indoor/outdoor flat black spray paint for mine. As you may have guessed by now, we live in the country. Our nearest store is almost 15 miles away and there are no craft or art stores in this little town. So if I need supplies to shoot with I have to drive sometimes 2 or 3 hours away. As I mentioned earlier, I am not patient, so I went with the Krylon instead of making the long trip. If you have a craft store nearby I would check to see if they have paint made especially for glass. I am not sure how well the Krylon with hold up to washing.
Allow the paint to dry for a few hours and remove the paper and tape. For the text I purchased an Elmer's Painters paint marker in white. I tried using stensils to write the word Milk onto the label, but that bled terribly. After a few trials and errors I finally decided to freehand the text and was happy with the results.